Tuesday, April 13, 2010

How Big is Your Diaper Stockpile?

I've been tossing the idea around of posting how many diapers I have in my stockpile for awhile now and after some encouragement from a dear friend of mine I decided to give it a go. I currently have 16 jumbo packs of diapers in my stockpile. Now before you jump to conclusions that I was clearing shelves let me explain myself. I bought these over a month long period and at 3 different stores: K-Mart, CVS and Rite Aid. I bought my last 4 packs today at Rite Aid (had a raincheck) and K-Mart. I paid $32.65 for all 16 pks which averages out to around $2.04 a pack or $.06 a diaper. I have a total of 546 diapers and I project with using an average of 4 diapers a day these should last me 4 1/2 months. In case your wondering, my daughter does not wear size 6 diapers. I bought them at Rite Aid because they were out of size 3 and I plan to take them back and exchange them for the correct size. So as you can see you can score some really great deals if you pair a coupon with a sale!

So how big is your stockpile of diapers? Were you able to make good use of the $3/1 Huggies coupon?

If you missed out on the $3/1 Huggies coupon you can still print it here, here and here.

12 comments:

  1. Bravo Bravo!!!!! That is so awsome!!! I bet that's a great feeling! :) I currently have 5 packages in my stockpile. Since Judah rarely uses them during the day, this will last me around 4 1/2-5 months. Some of the Huggies Supreme diapers have less than 30 diapers, but most packages will last me a month. BTW, check your e-mail for a crazy idea.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! I currently do not have a stockpile. I just bought a small pack of 3's and 4's today and that is my current supply!!! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hum... Dakota wears 3, I'll be over in the morning. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL!!!!! Shannon, you make me laugh! I can just see the newspapers...."Mennonite woman steals diapers from neighbor's closet!" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha, Ha wouldn't that be the day! :) I'd better keep my doors locked tomorrow! Just jking... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My diaper stockpile consists of 12 packs and I've received enough samples in the mail to almost make a pack of pampers.... That counts, right? :) Anyway, does Kmart have them on sale this week? I didn't print the latest supposedly new link to the $3 off because I was afraid it would expire before I had a chance to use it.

    Do you know what the regular price is per pack at Walmart?? If so you should take that price and figure out how much 16 packs would cost regular price and then figure out your savings percentage. Isn't it incredible to think that the majority of people pay full price?????

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes K-Mart does have Huggies on sale for $9.99 but the only reason I bought them was because I had a $5 catalina for buying the Dove deoderant over the double event. So I used the catalina and a $3 coupon and got them for $1.99. Right now I think Wal-Mart's Huggies are $8.99. If I would have paid full price I would have paid $143.84. That's crazy! That's a saving of 77%. Thank goodness I discovered coupons!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have 5 packs right now. Also gotten the same time Michelle got hers. =) There sure were some great deals during that time!! I'm hoping that these will last me to potty training time. HOPING!! I did print off the last 3.00 link and would love to score another good deal soon before they expire. I used to always buy the wal-mart brand.. cheapest thing and all that. What a joke?!!!! I love Huggies and would hate to go back to those diapers and pay full price at that! HORRORS!! lol...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay, this is funny. I was just thinking about this whole stockpiling diapers thing this morning and wondering if I should keep buying them. Funny thing is, I "only" have 9 packs...so maybe I should!? I think I bought all the ones I have now for under $3 a pack.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My theroy is if you can get them for so cheap, BUY them!!! If your child ends up being potty trained you could always exhange them for newborn size and give them as gifts. Or simply save them for the next child. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have over 50 packs with diapers and pull ups. :) I've purchased them over the past 4-5 months :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Way to go Courtney!!! That has to be such a good feeling not to worry about buying diapers for a loooong time!

    ReplyDelete