Saturday, March 13, 2010

My Spending This Week - $52.11

Rite Aid - Out of Pocket Cost - $22.98 After rebates and gift card - $6.98!!!! This was by far my most fun Rite Aid trip ever!!! I should have gotten another $2.49 off but 2 of my coupons were missed. Grrr..... Just so you know stuff like that happens to me! I split this into 3 different transactions so I could keep my OOP cost down by using $/$$ coupons. (Also about half of the $6.98 was tax. Something else that annoys me!)
CVS - $1.25 Kinda have to laugh when looking at this picture because of what happened to me when I bought this stuff. I paid full price for the Dawn dish soap! Gasp! Why? Well I've been waiting to get a Home Made Simple Booklet in the mail that has a coupon in it for $1 off one Dawn Hand Renewal Dish Soap. I knew with that coupon I could get the dish soap for free. So anyway I went to CVS on Monday hoping they were out of the Dawn Hand Renewal so I could request a raincheck. That way when I got my Home Made Simple Booklet I'd have the raincheck and I could get my free dish soap. Sure enough I got in there and there was no Dawn Hand Renewal on the shelf. I went up front and asked for a raincheck. Well imagine my surprise when he said he has a whole case in the back and wanted to know how many I want. So as you can see that backfired on me. :) I told him I'll take one because I felt stupid not to. And wouldn't you know, I got home from shopping that day and got the mail and there was the Home Made Simple Book I'd been waiting for. LOL!!
Kroger - $9.30
Wal-Mart/Kroger - $16.92 I had a free coupon for the Sugardale Pepperoni and Borden Cheese Singles.
The Dollar Tree - $7.26 Jadon has a birthday next week and I wanted to make his day special. So I bought party plates, napkins, a birthday banner and balloons. The candy is for the train cake I plan to make for him.
Bulk Food Store - $10.40
I actually had money leftover this week that I plan to stick away for later this summer when I need to buy produce for canning.
Did you get some good deals or freebies this week?

11 comments:

  1. Wow that Rite Aid picture looks amazing! How did you dare to do three transactions? I can barely get up the courage to do 2. You are brave!
    Poor Tom at CVS!!!! He looked so depressed, when he told me his help hadn't showed up! He said if they don't get a certain amount of stuff done each day, then he (Tom) will get fired. Even though he's a manager!!! I felt bad for him.
    Hey you must not have seen the toothbrushes, cause they were right there at the end of the isle on a display. I scanned the venus razors and they didn't show the clearance price. :( I did see an empty place where some kind of Venus razor was marked down to 4.50! Some body had a money maker!!
    Oh well I should be happy with the 8 dollars I made at Rite Aid. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachal, I was "shaking in my shoes" when I was checking out at RA. Thankfully the cashier was really nice about it!
    Poor Tom what would he say if he knew we were talking about him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw he would probably think that he was glad that somebody had sympathy! :)
    The lady at Rite Aid was actually friendlier than the cashiers at CVS. I think I am about hooked. :)
    Wish I had kept my Nivea lip coupons for cvs. I got some at Wags when they were SUPPOSED to be a moneymaker.
    Glad you found the Shrimp poppers. :) Where did you get the Borden cheese coupon?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay I am so excited!!! I won Kraft cheese!! Cubes sticks or string, 5 oz or higher!!!
    I have won twice on one card now and once on the other.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go Rachal on winning the cheese!!! I have only won 2 times now. I wonder if we'll be able to win more than 2 times?

    I got an e-mail from All you offering me a coupon for free Borden Cheese Sensations but I have to use it in a receipe and submit the recipe to them. Not sure if it's worth it. I would have put the offer on my blog but it said in the e-mail the offer wasn't suppose to be "offered" to anyone else.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michelle,
    I am so TICKED!!! I just saw an ad scan for our region. Kraft cheese is 1.99 after discount!! GRRRRRR!!!! The sour cream is 1.49.
    So disappointing. Here we were all hyped up! Shall we go on a trip to the midwest?? Just kidding!
    I tried to call you. I guess you were probably busy. Just had to tell you so we can cry together. Sniff!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know if you're going to Columbus next week maybe you'll get lucky and find a little bit cheaper there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. True. I should check. Maybe I could get some for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your full price CVS dawn soap story is too funny. It's like the day that I went to Giant Eagle and was praying they would be out of the Gatorade I wanted. My coupons hadn't come yet and I really wanted to get a raincheck but knew I couldn't if the shelves were stocked.

    Looks like you had a good shopping week.... This weeks CVS and Rite Aid ads don't look too promising. :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your right Heather. :( Maybe this week will be a couponing break for me. Especially since Kroger's mega sale ended up being a dissappointment. :( Boo-hoo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Michelle, your CVS story was too funny. I have had the same thing happen before. You know you could always return it! :)

    You did really good this week!

    ReplyDelete