Monday, December 7, 2009

My Spending Last Week - $55.07

Kroger - $23.64 I was happy with everything I was able to get at Kroger! They had some good deals on Kelloggs items.
Wal-Mart - $29.44 I've been trying to stock up on cooking/baking supplies now while they're on "rollback". (diaper genie refill not pictured)
I was able to stick with my $60 budget this week but it's alot harder than what I realized it would be. When you think about $60, you'd think it be plenty to buy groceries but when you have the cold cash in your hands and you need to buy alot of produce and diapers it doesn't go very far!
Did you get some good deals while shopping last week? Are you currently on a budget? Do you find it easy to stay within the budget? Or am I the only that struggles with this?
Edit: I about forgot that I stopped at Dollar General and spent $1.99. They have the Welch's Sparkling Grape Juice for $2.50. I used this $2/1 printable and got it for only $.50 a bottle! For some reason I was charged tax on the juice? Is that normal?

4 comments:

  1. My husband does the vast amount of grocery shopping and lately, he's been picking up the expensive stuff. He dislikes shopping with a passion, so I am grateful he will do this. Today he has to stop at ALDI's before the big storm and that alone saves us money.

    Now are you saying you spent, 50 cents per bottle of juice? And you were charged, 99 cents? Does your state have a deposit on juices? If you were charged tax for a food item and there is not to have been, I'd call the store to see what was up.

    I used to work retail at TJ Maxx. It was mostly clothes, housewares, etc. Well, the store would also sell a few gourmet type food items and such. Tax was not to be charged on food. Because most items were taxable, it was automatically put in. As a cashier, I had make sure to remember to hit the "no tax" button for those food items. Not all cashiers did this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought 3 bottles of juice and I thought my total would be $1.50. But then there was $.49 in tax. I suppose I sould have asked about it but I hate questioning cashiers. I don't know about our state having a deposit on juices??

    Sometimes I wish my husband would do the shopping!!! I think it would be good for him to go every now and then so he can see how high food prices are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle, you are not alone. :) And I'm laughing about your comment regarding your husband going grocery shopping. Vince is appreciative of my money saving habits, BUT I still think if he actually did the shopping, he'd be even more appreciative as he'd see first hand how hard it is to keep within the budget.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If it's not 100 Percent fruit juice you will be charged tax.

    ReplyDelete