Friday, October 23, 2009

Pumpkin Cookies

It seems the last while the freebies and deals are little slow so I thought I'd share a recipe today.
This morning I decided to make Pumpkin Cookies. I got the recipe from my good friend Linda and they are soooooo good!! Warning: you won't be able to eat just one cookie! You may have to eat two, if not three!

Pumpkin Cookies
1 C. Crisco
2 C. Pumpkin or Butternut Squash
2 C. White Sugar
4 C. Flour
2 tsp. soda
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. cinnamon

Frosting*
8 oz. Cream Cheese
1/2 C. Butter
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 T. Milk
6 C. Powdered sugar

Cream together the Crisco, pumpkin and sugar. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Bake at 350 degrees until done. (about 14 minutes in my oven)
Frosting: Allow cream cheese and butter to soften. Beat cream cheese, butter, vanilla and milk until creamy. Add powdered sugar and then frost your cookies. Yield: 50 cookies

*I found for myself that 1 batch of frosting is way to much for 1 batch of cookies. It worked great for me to only make a half recipe of the frosting for 1 batch of cookies.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Cool.. you took word verification off. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yum! I have lots of extra pumpkin since we buy them for fall decor and then I cook them up. This looks like a recipe that I need to try.

    I like your signature too and Rachal expressed my sentiments about the word verification. :)

    ReplyDelete