Saturday, August 1, 2009

My Kroger Shopping Trip...

I decided to do a quick post this morning showing you what I got at Kroger this morning. I also wanted you to be able to see how much better your savings are using coupons when you wait for a sale. I generally only use a coupon if I can use it with a sale. So yes, that means I do throw coupons away. That was hard for me at first! I was the type that if I had a coupon I thought I had to use it but I've learned more coupons will come and sales to use them with. So, back to my shopping trip. Today Kroger is having a one day sale on select Kelloggs products. I got everything in the picture above for $9.84. The awesome thing is that Kelloggs has a rebate going right now that when you purchase 10 Kelloggs products you get $10.00 back. So actually the cereal was better than FREE!!! Here's a breakdown of what I got.

3 boxes Kelloggs Rice Krispies - $1.69 ea
used 3 - $1/1 coupon from Vocal Point - final price $.69 ea.

5 boxes Kelloggs Special K w/blueberries - $1.86 ea.
used 5 - $1/1 printable - final price $.86 ea.

2 boxes Kelloggs Frosted Mini Wheats - $1.99 ea.
used 1 - $1.50/2 printable - final price $1.24 ea.

1 box GM Honey Nut Cheerios - $2.99
used 1 - $1/1 printable and $1/1 via cellfire - final price $.99

My out of pocket cost for Kelloggs products was $8.85. If I figure off the $10 I'll get back from the rebate I'll have actually made $1.15!!

If I wouldn't have waited to use these coupons with a sale my out of pocket cost after coupons would have been $31.02.

What kind of deal did you get at Kroger today? I'd love to hear about it!

7 comments:

  1. Just wondering....do you actually eat ALL that cereal before it's stale??? :) Or do you give it away? Around here, one box of cheerios can last several months!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes we'll use it up!

    rice krispies - use for rice krispie candy

    spec k - mom want several boxes

    cheerios & mini wheats - doesn't expire until Jul 2010 - almost a whole year

    Jadon usually eats cereal for breakfast and times when Jeremy eats cereal he'll eat about 1/2 box or so it seems.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, we'd have NO problem going thro' all that cereal! My 3-yr-old would eat it for every meal if I'd let her... and sometimes they do have cereal for both b-fast and lunch. ;)

    I bought Tide at Kroger this week... 4.88 I think it was, after the $4 savings when you buy 4. Then I had 2 $1 coupons and 1 .35 coupon (which doubled). So, I saved 6.70... about 40%. Wish I'd have had one more coupon for the 4th one though. Also, I got 4 (large size) GM cereal on sale for 2.99 ea., had a store coupon 1.50/4 and a manufacturers coupon 1.00/3. That was the first time I've ever used a store coupon AND a mnfrs coupon for the same items... didn't know you could do that till I read it on here or maybe it was on Rachal's blog.

    I love this blog, by the way! Coupons and tracking sales and combining it all is still pretty new for me, but I'm learning, and it's kinda fun. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for you! I got 2 Aussie products, one Olay, and a pack of diapers for 5.77 plus tax! I also got 5 of the listerine pocket packs for FREE!! The only Kellogs product I got was the Special K chocolatey pretzel bars..can't wait to eat them! Does the kelloggs rebate require you to purchase all ten items in one transaction?
    Cereal doesn't last long around here either! We got through several boxes a week! Right now I am down to 5 or 6 boxes and I am almost panicking!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kay, if you'd live a little closer I would of had some tide coupons for you. It's fun to stack coupons and really get a savings!

    Rachal, The kelloggs rebate does require you to purchase all ten items in 1 transaction. When I first read about the rebate I figured I wouldn't bother because I figured it would be too hard to get a good deal on 10 items all at once. But it worked out today.

    Psst..got the Kroger flier in the mail today. Some good sales...cresant rolls...post cereal...P&G event still running... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish my children would eat cereal like all of yours........ :) Would solve alot of "what should we eat today" issues. The only kind they'll eat is fruit loops, and James only eats it maybe 3 times a year!! You all can have all my cereal coupons. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the "psst" on the Kroger ad!
    Maybe I can still do the kelloggs rebate...

    ReplyDelete