Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Organizing your Coupons


Wondering how to keep all your coupons organized?

When I first started clipping coupons I kept all my coupons in one big file folder, in no certain order. The more coupons I accumulated over time the fatter my file folder became and the more time I spent going through them when it was time to go grocery shopping. I decided I had to come up with a better way to keep my coupons. I choose to go with the binder method. Basically it's a 3-ring binder with baseball trading card holding sheets to file my coupons. I got my binder at Wal-Mart and at the time was feeling frugal and got a cheap one. About a month later it was falling apart. I guess you get what you pay for? :) I would recommend paying a little bit more and having a good sturdy binder. Now's a good time to buy a binder since there's a lot of back to school sales. The baseball trading card holding sheets I found at Staples. They were a little costly but it has been worth every penny!
Since I'm using the binder system it's so much easier and efficient! Usually before I go shopping I get my list ready and go through and pull all the coupons I think I'm going to use and stick them in an envelope. I still take my binder with me shopping because Kroger will sometimes have unadvertised specials.
I hope this gives you a good picture of how I organize my coupons. Now if you're not planning on clipping many coupons I probably wouldn't go with the binder method. I would probably try to find a wallet sized, accordion style organizer.
To read more about coupon organization, you can here on Rachal's blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment